Billed as much faster than an app, xPRESS for Sonos is the world’s first Wi-Fi keypad dedicated to the platform and has been created to make direct control of any Sonos device easy from anywhere.
iPort’s compact xPRESS audio keypad is a new way to control Sonos and can be paired with any Sonos device through Wi-Fi, xPRESS controls play/pause, track forward, volume, Sonos favourites and an entire Sonos home sound system when grouped in party mode.
The xPRESS Wi-Fi keypad is designed to be portable: A rechargeable lithium polymer battery provides 4-6 months of power with normal use, so users are free to control music room-to-room without worrying about losing power. A neat trick is that the product is magnetic so can be stored in easy reach, say attached to a fridge or oven. On-wall mounting is straightforward using the wall-plate adaptor supplied.
The maker says set up is also easy through the iPort Connect app available on the App Store, simply choose network and which Sonos to control. The xPRESS Audio Keypad is an Endorsed Partner Integration with Sonos. The product is available to the trade in the UK via Habitech distribution.
Key features of the xPRESS
- World’s first WiFi keypad for Sonos
- Play / Pause /Track Forward / Volume
- Favourites: direct access to Sonos favourites
- Easy setup with iPort Connect App on app Store
- Easy to install on-wall: Takes less than a minute with included wall-plate adaptor
- Battery powered and magnetic: Carry and store room-to-room